Flower Drawings for your home
Bringing nature indoors has always been a foundation for home decorating, and more than ever before, it has been gaining popularity. Even if your home’s design is simple and organic, there’s something truly artistic about having flowers carefully placed throughout your home. Whenever potted plants and real flower bouquets aren’t available, consider decorating your home with a few well placed flower drawings for good effect. Of course, it’s easy to go overboard with the flower prints or drawings, so here are a few important
- Display your drawings in odd numbers. Whenever you have a collection you’re hoping to display, creating a vignette of odd numbers can help composition. Three framed drawings are better than two or four simply because it helps lead the eyes around in an orderly manner.
- Choose flower drawings that have something in common. For example, choosing drawings that only contain tulips or bouquets can help define your collection instead of creating chaos. Always pay attention to the colors you choose and whether you want your drawings to have any color at all. In a modern setting, black and white shaded pencil drawings can look wonderful framed in monochromatic picture frames.
- Depending on your budget, consider if you prefer to purchase genuine drawings of flowers or you can settle for reproductions. In fact, if money is tight, you may wish to consider purchasing older books that contain well reproduced flower drawings. There are dozens of different options available to you if this is the way you hope to decorate your home.
- The size of your chosen drawing is also an important factor to take into consideration. If you have a great deal of wall space, larger drawings are always welcome. With that being said, you do need to consider the cost of farming supplies as the larger the drawing, the more expensive it will be to frame.
- Drawings of flowers can be done in many ways. You should consider the medium the drawing was done in (charcoal or pencil) and whether or not you prefer your drawings to be realistic in any way.
Drawings of flowers and nature can help add a comfy cozy feel to your home. You don’t have to sacrifice the simplicity of your space to incorporate flower art into your rooms. In fact, flowers can work in a variety of home decorating trends!